Amlodipine + Atenolol is used in the treatment of Hypertension (high blood pressure).
How Amlodipine + Atenolol works
Amlodipine + Atenolol is a combination of two medicines: Amlodipine and Atenolol, which lowers blood pressure effectively. Amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker which works by relaxing blood vessels while atenolol is a beta blocker which works specifically on the heart to slow down the heart rate. Together, they make the heart more efficient at pumping blood throughout the body.
- You have been prescribed Amlodipine + Atenolol for the treatment of high blood pressure.
- Lowering blood pressure reduces chance of future heart attack & strokes.
- It may cause dizziness. Get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor as it can cause sudden increase in your blood pressure.
- Let your doctor know if you are pregnant or planning for pregnancy.