Montelukast Sodium + Fexofenadine HCL is used in the treatment of sneezing and runny nose due to allergies.
How Montelukast + Fexofenadine works
Montelukast is a leukotriene antagonist. It works by blocking the action of a chemical messenger called leukotriene. This reduces inflammation (swelling) in the airways and nose and improves symptoms. Fexofenadine is an antiallergic which blocks the action of another chemical messenger (histamine) responsible for runny nose, watery eyes and sneezing.
- You have been prescribed Montelukast + Fexofenadine to help relieve symptoms of allergy such as runny nose, sneezing, watery eyes, and cough.
- Be cautious while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Montelukast + Fexofenadine can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking Montelukast + Fexofenadine as it may cause increased sleepiness.
- Dry mouth may occur as a side effect. Frequent mouth rinses, good oral hygiene, increased water intake and sugarless candy may help.
- Stop taking Montelukast + Fexofenadine at least three days before taking an allergy test as it can affect the test results.