Hydroxyzine Hcl Tab is used in the treatment of Anxiety and Skin conditions with inflammation & itching.
How Hydroxyzine works
Hydroxyzine is an antihistaminic medication. In allergy, it works by blocking the action of a chemical messenger (histamine). This relieves allergy symptoms such as itching, swelling, and rashes. In short-term anxiety, it works by decreasing the activity in brain, thereby helping you feel relaxed/sleepy.
- You have been prescribed Hydroxyzine to treat allergy symptoms such as such as itching, swelling, and rashes or relieve/treat mild anxiety.
- May decrease your alertness. Avoid driving or using machinery if this happens to you.
- Avoid drinking alcohol when taking the Hydroxyzine, as it may cause excessive sleepiness or drowsiness.
- Inform your doctor if you have a heart disease as Hydroxyzine may increase the risk of heart problems.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.