Cefpodoxime Proxetil and Potassium Clavulanate Tablet is an antibiotic that is used to treat various bacterial infections such as tonsillitis, ear infections, throat infections, urinary tract infections (UTIs), bronchitis, and other infections. The antibiotic works by destroying the cell walls of bacteria.
- You have been prescribed this combination medicine to treat bacterial infections even if they have developed resistance.
- Take it with food and plenty of fluids to avoid an upset stomach.
- Finish the prescribed course, even if you start to feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect. Taking probiotics along with Cefpodoxime Proxetil + Clavulanic Acid may help. Talk to your doctor if you notice bloody stools or develop abdominal cramps.
- Stop taking Cefpodoxime Proxetil + Clavulanic Acid and inform your doctor immediately if you develop an itchy rash, swelling of the face, throat or tongue or breathing difficulties while taking it.