Cefpodoxime is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How Cefpodoxime works
Cefpodoxime is an antibiotic. It kills the bacteria by preventing them from forming the bacterial protective covering (cell wall) which is needed for them to survive.
• Your doctor has prescribed Cefpodoxime to cure your infection and improve your symptoms.
• Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection harder to treat.
• Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
• Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it does not stop or if you find blood in your stools.
• Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Cefpodoxime as it may cause increased side effects.
• Discontinue Cefpodoxime and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.