Telmisartan + Amlodipine is used in the treatment of Hypertension (high blood pressure).
How Telmisartan + Amlodipine works
Telmisartan + Amlodipine is a combination of two medicines: Telmisartan and Amlodipine. Telmisartan is an angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB) and Amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker (CCB). They work by relaxing the blood vessels and making the heart more efficient at pumping blood throughout the body. Together, they lower blood pressure effectively.
- Telmisartan + Amlodipine is a combination of two medicines that provides better blood pressure control than either medicine alone.
- Telmisartan + Amlodipine may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- It may cause you to feel lightheaded or weak especially when you stand up. Rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- Avoid consuming alcohol as it may enhance the blood pressure lowering effect of this medicine.
- It can cause ankle or foot swelling. Raise your legs while you are sitting down and talk to your doctor if it does not go away.
- Do not take Telmisartan + Amlodipine if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.