Deflazacort is used in the treatment of severe allergic reactions, allergic conditions, asthma, cancer, rheumatic disorder, skin disorders and eye disorders.
How Deflazacort works
Deflazacort is a corticosteroid. It increases the level of glucocorticoid in the body and works by decreasing the formation of substances that cause inflammation and suppresses immunity to stop self damage to the body by the immune system (auto-immune reactions occurring in organ transplants or cancer).
- Deflazacort helps treat inflammation, severe allergies, flare-ups of ongoing illnesses, and many other medical problems that require either reduction of inflammation or suppression of the immune system.
- Do not use it more often or for longer than advised by your doctor.
- Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Deflazacort can make it harder for you to fight off infections. Notify your doctor if you have any signs of infection such as a fever or sore throat.
- Side effects such as mood changes or stomach problems can happen when you start taking Deflazacort. Inform your doctor if this bothers you.
- Do not stop taking Deflazacort suddenly without talking to your doctor first as it may worsen your symptoms.